Gameplay: Skorgulian

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Solomon - Peter on Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 am

OOC: Brooks, do correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe that is a +25 bonus for the next influence that we (Miles) make.

Still OOC: Miles, may I recommend attempting to recruit the efforts of the Explorator Expedition, and the Reclamator Vessel? As entertaining as it would be to have a personal warship on loan, I can think of more liabilities than actual benefits to be gained from recruiting any other additional help.

avatar
Solomon - Peter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Brooks on Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 am

Peter:
That is a +10 bonus and three +5 bonuses, which can be used together or individually. However, each one can only be used once. And you can recruit multiple of the same thing, each just requires a different test. Also, if you have other ideas, feel free to ask about them.


TP:
Your vision dims, going dark around the edges, but the images come swifter. A pair of Skitarii appear suddenly, their blue-tinted augmetic eyes startle you, and your hearts skip a beat. A security panel, your hand reaching out, but you cannot feel the fingers pressing the keys, or the whole arm for that matter. Then you walk through a series of winding tunnels lit with a fading orange glow. Kilometers of conveyor belts and reinforced pipes going down, down, as your vision fades nearly to black...

Brooks
Admin

Posts : 257
Join date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Minx - TP on Mon May 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Since we're out of initiative order, I'm going to try to gain more information through my electro-graphs.

Inquiry: base 19 + 10 (electro-graph). Total: 29.

Roll of: 06.

Two degrees of success.
avatar
Minx - TP

Posts : 169
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 25
Location : Between a rock and a Hard Place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Admin on Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 pm

TP:
A single though floats through your consciousness, "that which has fallen, will fly again."

And then he is gone. And he nearly takes you with him.


Test Willpower at -30, with your conditioning bonuses applying, to avoid being pulled into death along with the Tech-Priest! That's what happens when you plug your brain into someone else's after mortally wounding them!

Admin
Admin

Posts : 221
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 24

View user profile http://fatepointrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Minx - TP on Mon May 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Well, shit. pale Alright. Willpower: 46 + 20 (Templum Conditioning) + 10 (Mind-cleansed) - 30 (Test). Total: 46.

Roll of: 35.

One (1) degree of success.

.....God, I was scared for a second there. pale Shocked
avatar
Minx - TP

Posts : 169
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 25
Location : Between a rock and a Hard Place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Admin on Mon May 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Allright, you gain 2 Insanity Points (I already put them on your character sheet). You disconnect, and crouch over the lifeless body.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 221
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 24

View user profile http://fatepointrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Solomon - Peter on Mon May 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Wow.

Is no one else blown away by what just happened here?

TP hacked into a person. A Person. Granted a Mechanicus.

Then double-sensory input followed, in which he got some information through the blur, and then disconnected as the host died.

SO MUCH WIN!!!

(Brooks, you have taken role-playing to a new level cheers )
avatar
Solomon - Peter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Admin on Mon May 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Thank you, I have my moments Cool
I was really hoping he'd fail that WP test though Twisted Evil

And Peter, you can attempt as many of those tests as you want. You just can only do each one once. And if you do one, Miles can't, and vice versa.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 221
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 24

View user profile http://fatepointrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Minx - TP on Mon May 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Yeah, Brooks' campaign has gone from good to great, or even beyond that. I love this campaign, and I wish that we could get other campaigns going like this one.

Thank you for allowing me to hack into that dastardly mechanicus Brooks! Very Happy I wasn't even sure it would work when I came to you with the idea, but I'm so glad it did!!!

And Peter....isn't that what Minx does best? Get into places where she isn't allowed? I mean, She is called a hacker for a reason. Very Happy Laughing
avatar
Minx - TP

Posts : 169
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 25
Location : Between a rock and a Hard Place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Minx - TP on Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Well, I'm going to sit there for a few moments, just gathering my thoughts and breathing, staring off into space (while looking at the corpse). After a about a minute, I'm going to use my once-a-game-session logic test to determine what was meant by the vision that I had, as well as the phrase "That which has fallen, will fly again".

Logic: 28. Halved (untrained): 14 - 10 (fatigue): Total: 04.

Roll of: 38.

Three degrees of failure.

"That.....was interesting...." I mutter, still gazing at the corpse and breathing hard. "I wonder what it all meant....Ah, I'm so tired right now...."
avatar
Minx - TP

Posts : 169
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 25
Location : Between a rock and a Hard Place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  TheBigMekk on Thu May 10, 2012 3:47 am

I'm not capable of really using any of the other skills. Peter your logic is beyond my own, so would like to attempt too assist his logic test (brooks if you will do the honers of rolling my dice as a trust factor thing). Razz

ooc: i'll be off line for while so i'll pick this up once i get back. Sleep

After attempting to assist peter, i will ask for a brief respite, so i may "rest". Once alone in my quarters I'll Invoke and cast a fettered attempt at projection. (get back to me on my success or failure). So willpower test to invoke, then 2d10 + WP x 2. (note i will be taking off my psychic wards, will wait to cast till I've invoked successfully.
avatar
TheBigMekk

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 25
Location : plymouth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Brooks on Thu May 10, 2012 11:46 am

You can roll your own dice, but I realise you'll be at dance so:

Miles Logic Test to assist Peter's Logic Test: INT 42+10(Logic Level)-10(Test Difficulty=42
Roll is: 56, 1 Degree of failure.
Peter's Logic Test is unaffected.

Miles, you don't have Invocation.

Brooks
Admin

Posts : 257
Join date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Solomon - Peter on Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Logic Test

Int 53 + 20 (Logic training) - 10 (Test)
Total Threshold: 63

Roll of: 48 (witnessed by TP via Skype)

1 degree of success
avatar
Solomon - Peter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Brooks on Thu May 10, 2012 11:23 pm

All right, that's a total of two +10s and four +5s for Miles's influence tests.

Brooks
Admin

Posts : 257
Join date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Solomon - Peter on Thu May 10, 2012 11:38 pm

OOC: Miles, these are our current Influence modifiers

- 2 (+ 10) modifiers
- 4 (+ 5) modifiers

Total modifiers: + 40

If you choose to follow my original suggestion of recruiting the aid of the Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator Expedition and the Adeptus Mechanicus Reclamator Vessel, we may be able to test Influence with a cumulative +20 modifier, preferably split into two separate tests each at a +10.

Based on your fellowship of 37, I would advise you to make neither a deceive nor a barter test, even though you have basic training, based on the following computations:

Probability of one test succeeding: 37/100 = (roughly) .3333
Probability of both tests succeeding: (.3333)^2 = .1111
Probability of one test succeeding and one failing: 2(.3333)(.6666) = 0.4444
Total probability of success: .1111 + .4444 = .5555

In short, you have a 56% chance of success, and 44% of failure if one did not consider degrees of success/failure

BUT

The consequences of failure may be greater than the benefits of success.
If you succeed, you may earn to at most 3 degrees of success, but you may fail up to 6 degrees
Thus, one multiplies the chance of failure by 1.5 to account for the increase in weight: 1.5(.4444) = .6666
Then one adjusts the new weights of success and weights of failure back onto a 1-pt scale:
.5555 + .6666 = 1.222
.5555 / 1.222 = 0.4546, .6666 / 1.222 = .5455

Thus, taking the weight of success and failure into account, you truly only have a 45% chance of comparable success, and a 55% chance of comparable failure which may potentially harm the Influence modifiers we have already secured.

Unless you want me to recalculate to include the re-rolling effects of using fate points. At which point you can just go jump off a cliff, sir. tongue

avatar
Solomon - Peter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Brooks on Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am

It's not that hard to calculate at all. Laughing For each test, the probability of success is .3333 and the probability of failure is .6667. To simulate the use of Fate Points, you simply multiply the probability of failure (.6667) by the probability of success (.3333) for a probability of failing, re-rolling, and succeeding of .2222, which is then added to the original probability of success for a total probability of success for each individual roll of .5555, and a probability of failure of .4445. These values are then used in the remaining calculations as normal.

Even if you were only to use a Fate Point of tests that failed by three degrees or more, for example, instead of for all tests that fail, the calculation does not become much more complex. Simply determing the probability of failing by three or more degrees (which conveniently enough is .3333), and multiply that by the probability of success (.3333) for a probability of "failed original test by 3+ degrees, succeeded re-roll" of .1111, which is added to the original test's probability of success (.3333) for a total of .4444, when only using Fate Points on 3+ degrees of failure, with a matching .1111 probability of getting 3+ degrees of failure, even after re-rolling, and .4445 probability of failing with <3 degrees of failure. Then use these values in the remaining calculations as normal.



MMAAAAAATTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!

Brooks
Admin

Posts : 257
Join date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Solomon - Peter on Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

Yeah, I realize the math for reroll calculation isn't that difficult, it was just determining Mile's "threshold of failure" that I didn't want to incorporate as a variable. Sorry for being a lazy tech-priest.

Nota Bene: I screwed up on my original calculations regarding the weight of failure modifier; it should be 2, not 1.5. I would repost the correct results but I'm typing this from my iPod so I think I'll leave the number-plugging to those who care and have computer access.
avatar
Solomon - Peter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  TheBigMekk on Sun May 13, 2012 5:06 pm

OOC: thank you guys, for all of that. i really am not fully mentally functioning after the last 3 days. though i will say i wasn't planning on taking any of the following tests. Yes you are right i do lack Invocation. Instead i will use an Unfettered psyckic test, with 3 dice to cast projection. (if you care to roll, don't have time at this very moment).
avatar
TheBigMekk

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 25
Location : plymouth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Brooks on Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 am

Go ahead and roll it, I'm not up to snuff on psychic rules right now.

Brooks
Admin

Posts : 257
Join date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  TheBigMekk on Sat May 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Psychic test for Projection rolls (10+8+4) + wp (5) = 27 success.

Now moving at speed of thought to "MINXs location" assuming all three of you guys are together. I want to see what shenaigans you guys are up too, and too see if you safe.
avatar
TheBigMekk

Posts : 52
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 25
Location : plymouth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Brooks on Sat May 19, 2012 5:00 pm

TP, Brad, Kyle...

There is a faint whisper of rustling cloth, barely audible over the wailing alarms. Feeling a presence, you look up to see Inquisitor Atlas's figure cast in transparent ghostly blue standing on the upper catwalk. "Negotiations are going well here with the Arch-Magos. I hope you aren't..." His ghostly projection trails off and glances around, taking in the bodies and the alarms.

Brooks
Admin

Posts : 257
Join date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Brooks on Sun May 20, 2012 12:31 am

2 Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator Expeditions
A team of tech-priests equipped with advanced survey vehicles and equipment, led by an Explorator Magos. Sufficient to survey the major features of a planet in three months.

Adeptus Mechanicus Mech-Wright Detachment
A team of tech-priests specializing in equipment maintenance and repair, led by a senior Tech-Priest.

Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii Cohort
A regiment-sized force of augmented Tech-Guard, led by a junior Magos Militant.

Brooks
Admin

Posts : 257
Join date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum