Kell Hounds Relief Duty Contract, March 3027

Go down

Kell Hounds Relief Duty Contract, March 3027

Post  Brooks on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:53 pm

March 1st, 3027
De-orbital Burn,
Chara III (Pacifica), Isle of Skye, Lyran Commonwealth

+++We're glad you've arrived so quickly. That flash transit over Capolla means you're going to arrive at the same time our "guests" do. Those negotiations can wait. We've got a plan to trick the Kurita spies on-planet. Before you make planetfall, dress as many infantrymen as you can in your 'Mechwarriors' dress uniforms. We've fed information to the Kuritans that a Lyran Hauptmann-General and several Fed Suns officers are arriving for a joint inspection. We're even staging a big ceremony for our Battalion and yours right on the landing field. Just make sure all your 'Mechwarriors are in their cockpits before you enter the atmosphere, we don't have much time. Oh, and don't worry, we'll throw on a 5% bonus since you got here so fast.+++

Brooks
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Blackened Panthers" Debrief

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 pm

"Good job 6th of October. Your support was crucial in turning back that Kuritan force. The final tally is one of our 'Mechs, Anne Finn's Orion, for eleven of theirs, including that Awesome. Even better news, the Aero Company turned back the second drop's company after destroying two full lances, although one fighter took some pretty heavy damage. That third dropship, the one we didn't have coordinates on, set down in the swamps east of here during our battle, and lifted off again shortly after the dracs started pulling back."

"Based on our sensor data, she was carrying the same mass back up through the gravity well that she came down with, and scouts can't find any 'Mech tracks, only trees scorched from the dropper's exhaust. One of my Techs, though, says they could've pumped swampwater on board to even out the weight difference. They could've dropped off a full company of light 'Mechs, though they'd need jump jets to negotiate the terrain. Based on the other two forces we've faced, it's probably more Panthers, although it could be two lances of heavier designs. We'll rotate through the lances on a five-minute standby until we're sure."

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://fatepointrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Technical Report

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

"Well, looks like you didn't get too banged up, at least compared to some of the fights we've been in over the years. We've got spare Commando parts, lucky enough, so yer wrench monkeys can fix "peggy" there. Anything else major we'll have to order, should take three or four weeks at best."

"Salvage wise, most of your kills were ammo bins, and there wasn't a whole lot left. If we've got parts left over, we'll sell 'em to ya cheap, and you could probably gpiece at least one Panther together. If ya can't, we're gonna have more 'Mechs than pilots, since I think we'll get at least two Panthers up and running, and mebbe a Shadowk Hawk too. The Colonel might be willing to lend you one in a pinch."

Salvage (Tisthus Steiner):
PNT-9R Panther Head: 3 Internal, 7 Armor
PNT-9R Panther Left Torso: 8 Internal, 2 Armor, 5 Rear, 22 SRM-4 Ammo
PNT-9R Panther Right Leg: 8 Internal, 0 Armor
PNT-9R Panther Left Leg: 8 Internal, 3 Armor
Damaged Heat Sink
Damaged 35-ton Hand Actuator

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATES!

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I have updated the following sections (not all of these may show as updated):

-Intercom (chatter from the Kell Hounds Base)
-Kell Hounds Contract Play (this thread) (debriefings and briefings)
-Personnel for Hire
-Gunslingers
-Black Market (the only things in here are 'Mechs the Hounds repaired from salvage and are not using. They are giving you a 20% discount! Take advantage of this.)

For hiring/black market, although the on-hand selection is limited, you can order parts that aren't available from other planets. It takes an acquisition roll, and a lot of time, but you're not limited to stocks on hand.

I will automatically roll up your tech teams' repairs. If you have anything else you want your techs to do, customizations and such, post replies here before sunday at noon.

Miles: you can either claim the Panther you killed as salvage, in which case its remains belong to you, but you forfeit a portion of your pay, or you can let it go to the general battalion stock. Noone else got any salvage, since the other 'Mechs you killed with ammunition explosions, which destroys everything.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Kell Hounds Relief Duty Contract, March 3027

Post  TheBigMekk on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 pm

I'll claim my panther in place of payment. so yah. Cool
TheBigMekk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooks on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Actually, I changed from a share-pay system to standard pay, so everything (for recording purposes) belongs to the unit. It's really hard to get the share-pay system to work right because a 'Mechwarrior, even combined with his technicians, has fewer shares than an infantry platoon, but costs a LOT more to maintain. And if you're not paying for your own repairs out of your own pocket (which becomes pretty mush impossible), the share-pay system becomes pointless.

So basically everyone's pay is just deducted from the total, and disappears to food, clothing, random entertainment, etc. Everything else is just the unit's property, although you could say a certain 'Mech or whatever is "yours", all that does is make you feel good.

This means you need to agree on what to use money for.

One person can spend up to 10% of the total.
Two people can spend up to 25% of the total.
Three people can spend up to 40% of the total.
Four people can spend up to 75% of the total.
Five people can spend up to 100% of the total.

Brooks
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Contract Debrief

Post  Brooks on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 pm

"You have our thanks, 6th of October. We can honestly say that mercenaries made a difference in the Inner Sphere today. We're wrapping up our contract here, then returning to Arc-Royal. Colonel Morgan Kell has decided to return, but I don't know what he plans for the unit."

"Captain Av Ley, the survivors of Major O'Cieran's company speak very highly of you. If you ever need a job, we could use a good jump infantry commander. O'Cieran's death left a big hole in the unit. Also, Lieutenant Brand sends his gratitude to the medic who saved Sergeant Lang's life. One of your platoons, Kuritan man, don't remember the name."

"If all goes well, we'll fight together again someday. Major Ward out."

Brooks
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 pm

"Thank you very much for the generous offer, Major Ward. It is very much appreciated. However, I have my own mission that I must attend to. And I would like to extend my deepest apologies for the loss of Major O'Cieran and the company; they were all good soldiers, and I am glad to say that I served next to them. The Sixth of October, Genesis Company, Captain Av Ley out."
Minx - TP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum