Fate Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay: Skorgulian

+3
kyle
Minx - TP
Admin
7 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Gameplay: Skorgulian - Page 11 Empty Re: Gameplay: Skorgulian

Post  Minx - TP Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm going to drop down to the ground and swing off the duffel bag and then the rifle. Then I am going to look through the scope and at the area before me.

Do I see anything out of the ordinary?....Or rather, what do I see?
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am

If you're on the ground, then you see the rusted edge of a wrecked Leman Russ about 5 feet away. Assuming you actually want to be in a position to see anything, you climb up partway on said Leman Russ.

You see a string of servitors carrying small ruined equipment, motorbikes, tools, and the like, from scrap piles and walking into the hatch, which is many times taller than they are. Other servitor-piloted Sentinel powerloaders move bigger pieces, while whole chassis are chained to tank-sized recovery vehicles and dragged inside. Although there are dozens of servitors working, and several vehicles, they are not making any noticeable headway into the vast field of wreckage.

Admin
Admin

https://fatepointrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:21 pm

(Thank you Brooks. Didn't know that I couldn't see down there without climbing up a little.).

"Well, there are a several dozen servitors using various machines to move a bunch of scrap inside the hatch. Your call as to what we do," I say as I climb back down and swing my rifle across my back again, then putting the duffel bag over it.
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooks Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:34 pm

I recommend that, when posting, you should post a suggestion, or even an action. Posting "well, what should we do?" only encourages everyone to sit around and wait for an idea from someone else.

Meanwhile, if you read a post like this, shoot out an idea, or at least post that you don't know, that way others aren't waiting on you.

Also, check back frequently.

Brooks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:47 pm

(Right. Sorry about that. You know how I am.... Rolling Eyes )

"Alright guys, let's get going," I say as I start walking down towards the hatch. "That way, we can all do what we want to do and what some of us need to do."
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  kyle Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

I get up and follow Minx. "So I think this is a scrap refinery and its probably run entirely by servitors."
kyle
kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 pm

I look over my shoulder with a quizzical look. "You think, or you know?"
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  kyle Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 am

"Im pretty sure thats what we are in for there may be a couple mechanicus dogs who are running the place though."
kyle
kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooks Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 am

OOC: Kyle why are you up at 1 in the morning?

Carry on.

Brooks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Well, I'm going to keep walking down the hill of scrap metal and ruined mechanical parts and vehicles. Tell me when something happens.
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  kyle Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:32 pm

OOC: Because i can and i had homework
kyle
kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooks Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:42 pm

You reach the massive hatch after walking more than a mile. The structure towers over you, reaching a dozen or more stories into the grey sky. From within comes a red-orange glow and the sounds of heavy machinery.

Around you, the assembled servitors continue to go about their task without acknowledging your presence.

Brooks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kyle Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:47 pm

"We should head in and look for some mechanicus so we can find our way to the nearest settlement."
kyle
kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:43 pm

"Hmm...." I start to walk into the hatch, and absentmindedly (or maybe not) think about how many ways I can kill a mechanicus lackey.
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Inside the hatch is a series of conveyor belts, some only a foot or two wide, others a dozen yards across. The servitors continually sort scraps of machinery onto these belts, which carry the parts down into various tunnels. The air is hot and dry, and yellow-orange lighting shines up each shaft.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kyle Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:41 pm

I will look around to see if i can find someone who isnt a servitor.

Awarness +20 Heightend senses sight Per-42 Need-72 Roll-18 5 degrees of succes
kyle
kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooks Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:08 am

Picture the scene from Star Wars episode II where Anakin and Padme stumble upon the hidden droid factory, and all the conveyor belts criss-cross the massive cavern. That's what's going on here, except the servitors are disassembling the pieces of machinery and sorting out repairable parts, rather than assembling them.

Two tech-priests stand at various stations conducting particularly complex salvage work, one is removing the battle cannon from a twisted Leman Russ turret, another the targeting auspex from a crushed Hydra. Both are several levels lower, on a conveyor line of heavy vehicles.

Eight or ten other figures, unidentifiable but clearly not moving with the shuffle of servitors, are crossing a catwalk on the next level down, by a conveyor of crushed electronics. The two at the rear already carry several pieces of scrap, and every couple of meters the leader inspects another, and either adds it to their collection or moves on.

Brooks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kyle Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm

"Minx we got 2 tech preists running some of the salvage and there is a group of people below us should we talk to them or just observe for now?"
kyle
kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:33 pm

"If by 'observe' you mean 'shoot them both in the head', then I'm totally up for 'observing'," I mutter solemnly, resisting the urge to grab my rifle.
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:52 pm

On the surface...

As you watch from above, the cloaked group reaches the end of the walkway and begins to ascend to the level you are on. Several crates and pieces of machinery hide you from direct observation, but it looks like they are on their way out and will come very close to your position.

Meanwhile, in orbit...

Inquisitor Atlas's bedside comm unit buzzes. Answering the machine, he hears the cold, clipped tones of the Dauntless's captain. "Lord Atlas, representatives of the Mechanicus have contacted the ship. They invite you to a meeting with the planet's Arch-Magos at the Belfry of Smoke, to discuss your proposal. A shuttle will be prepped before you."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBigMekk Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:06 pm

over the comm back to the captain "Excellent. thank you for informing me so promptly. I would like to extend an invitation for you too accompany me and my cadre to the surface."

after i compose myself, i gather a few members of my cadre, Solomon, Kali (ping 1), Rio (ping 2). i instruct them to only bring the bare minimum number of weapons they have, two at tops. "i want to feel humble, and appear open, for the Mechanicus have a tendency to be reclusive and caucus. i want to appeal to there better nature, and curiosity. I'll have you with me for the slightest possibility of danger. though i believe this should be a simple matter of talk. one can never be to sure, especially if our captain chooses to join us. If some thing arises, above all else i want her safe. what kind of leader would i be if i endangered her and you."

i dismiss my cadre to prepare and tell them to meet at the shuttle. after they leave i gather my things, leaving the writing kit, and both psy-ward collers. I strap on my Forearm Gauntlet (buckler), holster my pistol, and tie-on my cutlass scabbard (and sword) to my belt. Then i quickly walk to the hanger bay, and board the shuttle. Cool
TheBigMekk
TheBigMekk

Back to top Go down

Post  kyle Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I will start walking down the walkway and beckon for minx and brad to follow. I continue until they see me.
kyle
kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:21 pm

I follow Skivvy as he starts to walk towards the tech-priest duo, my trigger finger twitching slightly and a scowl on my face.
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:52 am

In orbit...

The three of you board an Aquila Lander painted deep blue with golden trim. A pair of ship's armsmen in carapace armour painted the same deep blue, trimmed in black, bow as you board, and then take the seats nearest the hatch. The cockpit door is sealed. The shuttle lifts off smoothly and passes into the upper layers of the atmosphere without so much as a tremor.

Below...

You see the first figure in the group hesitate as he turns and sees you. He continues towards you steadily, the rest of his group following closely. Their hands are tucked into dirty rust-brown cloaks, except for the last four, who carry bundles of electronics and other small machinery. They are now about ten meters away.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minx - TP Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 pm

I check to make sure that my jumpsuit is unzipped slightly, so I can reach for my pistol quickly if I need to. Then I'm going to stop and stare at them.
Minx - TP
Minx - TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next